Monday, February 7, 2011

more than the stars, planets, the cars and TVs

she came into my life like an energy force
impressing me right from the start
how could I have known
before she was born
how someone can capture your heart?

I remember the day I watched her run
when she was only two
And I noted with shock
that she was so small
than how was she bigger than you?

But that happens sometimes
I've noticed in life
how someone can come along,
who rocks your world
so it's never the same
and you never have felt so strong.

when she homeschooled,
she seemed to intuit
all day, all the things she could do!
Energetic and busy and filled
with ideas
for years, Never dull around you!!

With no trouble at all,
no assistance from me,
one project led into another
And you should have seen that
bright little girl!
and how she led all the others.

I guess I confess
she was a joy to me
because from the start I knew,
I knew I knew her
I knew she knew me
and how I knew that - I just knew

there's more to this life
than meets the eye
and this was one of those things
words can't explain
and I don't know why
but Love's past imaginings

And it's been a pleasure
along the way
to watch this child grow
from baby to girl to
young lady to woman
could I be happier -- the answer is No!

But ever anon I wished and I wished
I could give her the things that she wanted.
And even today as she turns 21,
I wish and I wish
and I wish

I know that she wants different things
than I want
the bling and the car and the condo
I want her to have all the things
she desires
however she can fanagle

But there's one thing I know
she was assured from the start
on that snowy post-Valentine day,
no matter what comes
in this life or the next
there's one thing that always will stay

there's somebody here
whose heart came alive
21 years ago to date, the same
for that was the day
that Ella was born
and 'Mommy' became my new name

No comments: